Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Growing Up

Madison is getting bigger by the day. She is reaching milestone after milestone and I am amazed at the pace she is taking.

Madison is now sleeping in her own room. Five out of the last six nights, Madison has slept in her own crib rather than the pack-n-play in our bedroom. We have been averaging getting up twice a night for some time now, and we usually go at least one five hour stretch, if not longer before we get up the first time. What an awesome sleeper we have!

Madison is starting to go through the teething process. We have already made it through nearly a week and a half of symptoms. Most days she does pretty good, but we are keeping the Tylenol and Orajel close at hand to help ease her discomfort. Her favorite thing to chew on so far is a finger, which works fine for the first tooth, but will not work very well beyond that. :)

Madison loves to sit up. She still needs some balance support, but she is determined to not be lying down if she can help it. She is so observant. She doesn't want to miss anything that is going on. She likes to sit in her bouncy chair and watch me do dishes, fold laundry, or sweep the floor. There is so much for her to learn, and she wants to learn it all now.

She still loves her bath time. We get lots of giggles and smiles while we are playing in the tub. This is getting to be a special time for Madi to share with her daddy. On this particular night, however, she was exhausted after a busy day...so much so that she slept through the majority of her bath. Daddy covered her with washcloths to keep her warm. It was adorable.

We took our first road trip this last weekend. Brandon and I loaded up Madison, Grammy Tammy and Grandpa Bruce in our Tahoe and drove to Rapid City for the day on Saturday. We did a lot of shopping and ate lunch at Olive Garden. It was a great day and Madison traveled like a pro. We hung her new toy moose from the roof and she stared at that moose every second she was awake. However, she didn't stay awake very long; she slept most of the time the vehicle was moving.

Well, Brandon and I only have two more days of school before our summer vacation. I am so ready to be done this year, more than usual. I wonder if that has anything to do with our little angel...

I suppose I should go finish putting laundry away while Madi is taking her evening nap...although I am really tempted to join her in a siesta. Until next time, Jami.

3 comments:

Jess and James said...

She looks like she enjoys her crib. James laughed at the bath photo, but I told him, that will probably be him in a couple of months!!! :) Can't wait to see you two. We have a crib ready for her, hopefully she will sleep well in it.

Jess and James said...

I can't wait till you guys get here!!!!! I am soooo excited!!!! I am especially curious as to Jet's reaction with having a really young baby in the house. It will be an experience he hasn't had yet. I'll call you later tonight and get some more specifics from you. Later!

Carrie said...

James, she is precious! What a cute little girl! :) You are such good parents. I so wish I could meet little Maddie! :)