Sunday, June 7, 2009

On Vacation

School let out for summer vacation on Thursday. I am so very glad to be done with school until August. It was a long year, and I am glad to see it end. Now, I have three months of quality time with my baby girl. Yea!

My first day of summer was spent packing for a week long vacation to Colorado. It is amazing how much stuff a nearly 3 month old baby needs for a week away from home. I had to leave the bouncy seat in Gillette because our Tahoe was too small. A year ago, when we bought the Tahoe, we thought it would be plenty big enough for our family of three. Amazing how much changes in a year. If it was just Madison and I who were taking the trip, we probably would have had plenty of room, but we also were saving room for three of my cousins and their luggage for a week.

On Saturday morning, Brandon loaded our stuff into the truck while we waited for my three cousins to arrive. They were taking advantage of the free ride south to spend a week with their grandparents in Colorado City. So my cousins (who just finished 4th and 5th grades) and Madi and I loaded into the truck for the six hour trip to Denver.

The trip went quickly. Madison slept the whole way, and the three girls watched dvds and played on their hand held video games. My grandparents met us in Denver to pick up the three girls so that I could spend a few days with my friends Jessica and James. They are expecting triplet boys in early fall and I wanted to give them a hand around the house to help them get ready for the big arrival. You can check out their story at www.jamesandjessfischer.blogspot.com

Madison, so far, has been a pretty good traveler. She has been a little fussy...I am sure that the new scenery, people, and routine have her feeling a little insecure. Hopefully she will get used to things quickly so that the rest of our vacation goes smoothly.

We are planning on staying with James and Jess until Tuesday morning when we will head south to Pueblo. Then, Madison will finally get to meet the rest of her grandparents. We will share our time between Pueblo and Colorado City for the rest of the week. Brandon and my parents and sister will come down and join us on Friday and we will all head back to Gillette on Sunday.

I am sure that we will have lots of pictures by the end of our trip. Right now, I have no way to upload those pictures so they will have to come later. I suppose that I should really head towards bed, Madison has been getting up bright and early in the morning, so if I want good sleep I have to get it at night. The night owl in me is missing staying up late. :)

No comments: