Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Here is Madison in her Sunday best:

We finally made it to Church last weekend. It is hard to go because Church falls right in the middle of Madi's morning nap. It also ended up being a great thing, because Madi slept through the whole thing. I was impressed.

I am pretty impressed with our new pastor so far. It is nice to have someone young and active in the pulpit. He has also come by several times to visit my grandma, who no longer can attend services. Although we did not make it to church on Sunday, I imagine that we will be attending more often now.

Madi's Mimi and Papi came up from Colorado again this weekend. It was fun to get together with the extended family. We spend a lot of time playing games, visiting and eating. I think we counted 5 cakes that we consumed this weekend, not to mention the other goodies. We realized that they have been to Gillette more times in the last 11 weeks than they have been in the past 3 years combined. Amazing what a great-grand baby can do. :)

I was ready for a weekend of relaxation after the week we had around here. I have been dealing with some big issues at work, including a move back to the other campus. And then my dad rolled his 4-wheeler chasing the horses on Wednesday. He broke his collar bone, but luckily nothing else. Thank goodness he is fine, we were pretty scared there for a while. It was just a terrible week, and I was glad to see it end.

However, I woke up Saturday morning with a sore throat. By Sunday night it had progressed to mussle aches and swollen glands. I was afraid I was coming down with the flu. So I went in to the walk-in clinic to find out what was going on. After a negative strep test, the doctor came and looked at my throat. She nearly jumped back from the sight of my throat. She said it looked like I had mono. Apparently all of the stress of pregancy, birth, new parenthood, and my job (which has been super stressful lately), my mono has flared up again. Grrr....

The good news is, I only have 7 school days left before summer vacation...a well needed summer vacation. Hopefully I can recooperated before school starts again next fall. The only treatment is rest, and so rest I shall (as much as one can with a 3 month old).

Well, time for more pictures. Here is Madi in her car seat waiting to go to Grammy Tammy's and Grampy Bruce's house:

And here is Jack continuing her love of Madison's things:

I suppose Madi will just have to learn to share right off the bat. :)

Well, I really need to get to bed so that I can work on that whole resting thing. Good Night!

3 comments:

Krismisstree said...

I love that yellow and black and white dress! She's a doll! I encourage you to KEEP going to church, as hard as it is...it will get easier with more practice, and what a good example for Madi to know she always attended church! It will become second nature to her (and you) :) Get some rest and feel better!

Jess and James said...

Yeah for pictures!!! I hope that you get to feeling better so you and that little doll of yours can come down and visit me! If Madi keeps up the sleeping thing, church should be really easy for you guys!! :)

Anonymous said...

what a dolly, i love the one in the car seat, she's becoming quite the character! yay for summer vaca! ~sam