Monday, May 11, 2009

My First Mother's Day

What a wonderful weekend we had to celebrate Mother's day. The weather was beautiful and I defiantly enjoyed getting to spend the time outside. I worked on getting the back yard cleaned up and we started seeding some of the area's that didn't fill in with grass last summer. Hopefully by next fall we will have less mud. It sure is a pain to have to wash the dogs' feet when they come inside.

Madison and Brandon gave me some wonderful mother's day gifts. I love to bake and cook, and I received a set of nice mixing bowls, some small garnishing dishes and some more storage containers. It was a very nice gift.

My sister, Jenni, came over Sunday night and took some family pictures. I was anxious to have a picture of the three of us more recent than the day Madison was born. Jenni does a nice job and is getting quite practiced at taking portraits. Here is one of my favorites:

Sunday afternoon we went to my Grandma and Grandpa Hitt's house for dinner with my dad's family. My aunt Janet was here from South Dakota. It was very nice to be all together to celebrate Mother's day. Madison had to get all dressed up for the trip up the street, and we caught a couple of cute pictures of her.

Here she is with Aunty Jenni

Madi is most content first thing in the morning. After she has been fed and changed, she is ready to play. Saturday morning we were able to catch quite a few smiles as she was playing with daddy.


Madison is already quite independent. She often just wants to sit by herself and kick and play.

She is also starting to be able to sit in her Bumbo chair. She sat in this chair for nearly 20 minutes the other night. Brandon and I were able to eat dinner and she was happy just sitting and talking with us while we ate.

Well, we are counting down the days until summer vacation starts. I think there are 17 school days left until our "3 month weekend" as Brandon calls it. I am anxious to get to spend all day with Madison again. It is getting harder every day to leave her in the morning. I am finding myself rushing to get out of school to be with her again.

I suppose I should find my way to bed. I find myself going to bed not long after Madi so that I am not completely exhausted the next day at school. I really enjoy reading your comments, so feel free to leave them.

:)

3 comments:

Jess and James said...

Yeah for a good weekend!!! Good pictures that Jenni took. You all look so happy. I hope the rest of school flies by for you so you can be out and with your babe again.

Anonymous said...

Glad you like the photos, we can do more later on if you want to. Now that it's nicer outside maybe we could get that done.

Carrie said...

I'm so proud of you Jami! :) Have you seen my blog? http://www.lifeundivided.blogspot.com
Know that we are praying for you guys!