Thursday, August 12, 2010

More Pictures from Colorado

Well I finally grabbed Amber's camera today and downloaded the rest of the pictures from our Fun Valley trip.

Madi and Aiden playing in the hippo pool at the campsite




The Great Sand Dunes National Park just outside of Alamosa, CO was a great day trip for the kids, Karen, Amber and myself. I went there several times as a kid with my Great-Grandpa Boyce. I had some awesome memories of the place as a kid, but hadn't been there since I was probably 10. So we took a chance and drove there for the day. We had a blast.

Madison wasn't too sure about the sand. She had just fallen asleep in the car about 10 miles out, and so she did not get her full nap before we got there. I am hoping that this is why she was so afraid of the sand. It took her a long time before she was willing to walk on it barefoot...and she never did sit down to play in it.

Aiden, on the other hand, loved the sand. He immediately started playing with, and eating, the sand. He was covered in sand, and loved every minute of it.

The two youngest played so hard that they fell asleep. The double stroller came in quite handy as a napping spot.

Note all the sand under Aiden's chin...

The stoller must have been pretty comfortable...or at least Aiden looks like he enjoyed his nap.

While the other two were napping, Madison and Amber had a photo shoot on the sand. Here are some of my favorite photos. Amber did an awesome job, and I am grateful because I forgot my camera back in South Fork.





The car ride back to the campground, all three ended up sleeping at one point after they played so hard at the dunes. We will definitely be going back again next year. I would love to make this an annual day trip so that my kids will get to have some of the same experiences my sister and I had growing up.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What terrific photos and keep em coming! Love, Great Grandma Bonnie and Great Grandpa David