Thursday, August 12, 2010

Emma Lea Ruth is 4 Months Old

Emma Lea Ruth turned 4 months old on the 6th. Again, I am amazed at how fast that time has gone by. She is the happiest baby I could have asked for. She loves to smile and laugh.

Her favorite place is still under her floor activity gym. She will play here for hours. She is starting to wiggle her way around, and can scoot herself quite a ways before she gets stuck up against something.

She gets one feeding of rice cereal a day, and she loves it. She can hardly wait for the next bite to come. I usually have to go make her more cereal because she eats way more than I anticipate. She is still not taking a bottle, so it might come down to rice cereal during the day. I guess we will find out next week as Brandon and I have to work three days.

Emma loves her baths. She kicks her feet and throws her arms around, splashing water everywhere. As soon as she hears the water running, she will stop fussing and just listen. Most nights she gets to share bath time with Madison, and those two have fun together.

I just love this next picture of Emma and her Daddy.

Emma adores her older sister and cousin. She smiles and laughs at them all the time. She doesn't even mind when Aiden is a little too loving...at 9 months old he doesn't quite get the concept of 'gentle'.

I don't have her stats yet from her 4 month well baby visit, but I will post them after we go. She doesn't go in again until the 23rd. Unofficially, on our scale with a diaper on she was 13.5 lbs last week.


Rolling over is the next stage Emma is working towards. She can roll from her tummy to her back (has been able to do this since she was only a few weeks old) but is now getting close to rolling from her back to her tummy. She so wants to get up and go like her sister and cousin.

Reclining is no longer something Emma likes to do...she wants to sit up. She has already used the bumbo chair more than Madi ever did. I am sure that she wants to be a part of all the activity around her.

I love you Emma Lea Ruth, you are a sweet baby girl and I can't imagine life without you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Precious, precious!! J Thanks for sharing! Grandma Bonnie and Grandpa David