Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy First Birthday Madison!

Well my baby girl is offically now a toddler. She turned one on March 12th, and is really the light in our eyes. She is such a sweet and loving little girl who loves to cuddle and hug, on her own terms of course. We had a busy weekend as we celebrated her milestone. Friday night, we hung out with my parents and my friend Mary who drove up from Nebraska to join in the celebrations of the weekend. Madi got to have a mini cupcake with dinner on her actual birthday. It was a nice night and she went to bed shortly after dinner at my parents house.

Saturday morning, on of my coworkers hosted a baby shower for me and one of the English teachers. We are both expecting babies in the next couple of weeks. It was a nice shower, but I really had to limit my guest list. I am hoping to have another shower after Emma arrives so that more people can be included, and everyone can meet the newest member of our family.

Saturday afternoon was Madi's birthday party. I think we had at least 40 people in our home for the party...it was a little crazy, but Madi handled all of the attention like a pro. We had a great time, snacking on finger foods and watching Madi open her presents.





She really did awesome opening presents, until she opened her new piano...after that, she was done. All she wanted to do was play the piano. We finally had to take it out of the room so that she would help open a few more presents. It is still one of her favorite toys from the party.

Here is her cake that Grammy Cone had made for her. It was a very beautiful chocolate cake.

Grammy Cone also brought Madi her own little cake. Madi had no trouble at all figuring out what to do with the cake.


She ate about three handfuls of frosting and then was sugared out...I guess limiting her sweets so far has kept her from having too much of a sweet tooth. :)

Madi still loves the piano. She plays with it a lot. In the background is the wagon her Daddy gave her for her birthday. She loves to go on rides in the wagon, she just sits back and takes it all in. Luckily the weather has been nice enough this past week for her to get to enjoy it.

I am afraid that we have a precocious child on our hands. Between playing the piano very gently and usually a key at a time, and wanting to be involved in everything Brandon and I do, she amazes me at how fast she is picking up on things.

I was working on writing thank you notes last night, and she wanted the pen I was using. So I pulled her up on my lap and she grabbed the pen from my hand and put it on a scrap piece of paper...she didn't quite push hard enough to write anything, but I was amazed that she held the pen and knew what to do with it.

Later on, she wanted to see what her Daddy was up to. He was putting together a pnuematics kit made out of the building blocks he and I both use in our engineering classes. She "helped" him for quite a while, looking for parts and watching how Brandon was putting things together. I brought over her legos she received for her birthday and she played with them some as she intently watched her daddy. She definitely wants to know how things work.


I am still amazed at how much this little girl is growing up. Her personality is really starting to blossom, and I sure hope that much of it remains the same as she grows up. It really melts my heart when she hugs her toys, the animals, her cousin, or me. I pray that she will always be as happy and loving as she is right now.

Happy Birthday Baby!

No comments: