Saturday, March 20, 2010

36 Week Update

Hi all,

We had our 36 week update on Tuesday of this last week. Everything seems to be going well, blood pressure and protein levels look good, weight gain looks good, and baby measured in at 37 cm. After telling the doctor about the few episodes of contractions I had the previous week, she decided to check my cervix and I was dilated to "2 almost 3cm". She also said if I have another episode of contractions like I had last week (3 min apart for a little over an hour) that it was probably time to head to the hospital. We all would like to see me last for another couple of weeks, but 37 weeks is considered full term so really this baby could come anytime.

This information put us in high gear getting ready for Emma to join the family. Mom and Dad came over a few nights this week to help get the crib put together, and rearrange furniture to make room for baby. After thinking about the reality of adding a baby to Madi's room, we decided it would be best to rearrange the office to add Emma there instead. She will share with the office for now, until we have a new location for the office.

The information also came with me spending lots of down time this week...thus the lack of an update until now. If the baby comes before Spring break is over, Brandon and I both will be charged maternity leave days for the days of the break that we normally have off. (Kinda of a crappy situation, but what can we do.) So I am trying to make it another two weeks until the end of Spring break. It would be awesome if Emma waited until April to make her appearance, but we really don't have a lot of control over her arrival.

Brandon and I have one more week of school, and then we get all of the next week off for Spring break. We are both ready for a break from school, although Brandon will spend the week preparing to build a pole barn.

Well, I suppose that is it for now. We will see our OB again on Monday so I will try and update after that appointment. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So are you going to shorten it to Emmi sometimes?

Grammy Tammi

Jami said...

I am sure she will have many nicknames. I will probably call her Emma.