Sunday, June 13, 2010

Madison Marie is 15 Months!

I am amazed at how fast our little girl is growing up. She is already 15 months old, and acting more like she is 2 years!

She has started to use her imagination, which is so cool to watch. The other day, she was playing with her doll. Wrapping her up in a blanket, laying the doll in the doll bed, carrying her around. At the same time, she would pick something up from the coffee table, and bring it to her dad to hold. Then she would come back and get it. We still have no idea what she was moving around, but we were glad to witness her development.

Madison loves being outside. She wants to be outside all day long...and gets upset if we go back inside before she is ready. Her walking skills have improved so that she is comfortable walking on uneven surfaces.

Last week we were playing outside. She saw my mom's dogs in their yard across the street. She decided that she wanted to go visit the dogs, so she did. Mom and I watched from my driveway as she walked, by herself, to her Grammy's yard to visit. Her Aunt Jenni called me to tell me my daughter was running away...she couldn't see us watching her.

Stairs are Madison's next personal goal. She has the going up part down. She can fly up the staircase at her Grammy and Granddad Cone's house. She has even started to try and walk up the stairs, alternating legs, like an adult. We still are working on the going down part, although she did tackle the single stair at my parents' house last night without too much trouble.

Madison is a happy child. She laughs, talks, giggles and screams all day long as she is running from one place to another. We laugh that the only time she is still is when she is sleeping.

Madison loves her sister. She likes to be touching her, or rocking her swing, or bringing her a blanket. Emma is really starting to notice her sister too. Last night Emma was in her swing at Brandon's parents' house. Madison was trying to give her toys and setting them down in Emma's lap. I was surprised to see Emma just smiling at Madi instead of getting upset as I expected. I hope they are great friends as they grow up together.

Madison's vocabulary expands every day. Here are some of the new words we have heard her say in the past couple of weeks: ice, night-night, ball. Mama, Dada and dog are her favorite words to say, and she says them a lot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a doll! I love my babies! Thanks for doing the hard parts by being pregnant, giving birth, and raising them so I can enjoy them! Oh, and Madi is working on saying "horse"... That's my girl! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos and narrative! She is a joy to behold! Thanks SOOOOO much for sharing. I am missing out! Grandma Bonnie

Jess and James said...

Yeah!! Love the cute pictures of her in her hat. I can't wait til my boys can be there to run around with her!!! :) Life is going to be such fun in a year! Happy 15 months Madi.