Saturday, April 17, 2010

Just the 4 of us

Well we have been a family of four for 11 days now. The transition has gone fairly smoothly except for the fact that Madi and I came down with a nasty cold last weekend. I am finally starting to feel like myself although I still have a deep cough. Madi still has a terrible runny nose although her cough seems to have subsided. Hopefully we will both make a full recovery soon.

Emma Lea seems to be a pretty content baby so far. She is a great sleeper and seems to be taking everything in when she is awake. She goes in for her two week check up on Monday. She looks more like Madi every day. I am sure that as they get older they will be mistaken for twins...and when with cousin Aiden, triplets.
Here is Emma now...

Here is Madi when she was about 1 month old...

Quite the resemblance!

Madi loves her baby sister. She always wants to know what is going on and wants to know where Emma is at all times. When getting ready for bed a few nights ago, I put Emma into her crib while I got Madi ready for her bath on the changing table next to Emma's crib. Madi was not happy until she was sitting right next to Emma. It is precious how fast Madison decided to love her sister. I sure hope that lasts.

Here are Daddy's three girls. He is getting ready to leave for a few days to go to his best friend's wedding in Las Vegas. We will miss him greatly while he is gone.

Daddy got some good cuddle time in with his littlest one tonight while Mommy was putting Madi to bed. It was such a cute pose, I couldn't resist getting a couple of pictures.

We received a lot of flowers when Emma was born, they are still in great shape. Here are a few of the arrangements...our counter is covered with flowers.

I also realized I never posted any pictures of Emma's room. It is a work in progress as it is also currently the office. Eventually, the walls will be green and a matching wall paper border will be added. But this will have to wait until we have a new space for Brandon's office. He jokes that his world is being taken over by babies...first his theater room, then the bar, and now his office.

Of course we can't forget about our toddler...Madi is full of energy and is either moving or sleeping. It is getting more challenging to get good pictures of her, as she is more interested in playing with the camera than posing for pictures.

She often looks like she is trying to figure out how to get into mischief. I am afraid that she will be our boundary tester...she will always be trying to figure out how to get away with things. :)

Well I suppose I should get Emma's bath ready so that I can go to bed before too long. I start back to work part time on Thursday, so it is time already to instigate a bed-time routine so that I can get good sleep before having to be at school at 7 am. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that picture of you holding Madi was of you and Emma! Wow, they look just alike! What cute photos Jami! Call me if you need some help while Brandon is gone. I can come over after work if you need me to. Have a good night!

Anonymous said...

As always I was so glad to get pictures. What a pretty little girl.  Am anxious to see her . Thanks for sending them Love Grandma Boyce

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jami. A prefect little girl. How beautiful. Wish I could have seen her while in Gillette last week but thought it better that I wait until you are over your colds. Will stop by next visit in a week or two. Love Aunt Janet