Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Update from New York...

Well we are approaching the half way mark for our training. I have been pretty busy here, buss leaves the hotel at 7:30 am and we are at the college until 5:30 each afternoon. Then we usually have some sort of homework for the evening. By the time I eat dinner and finish my homework I am ready for bed. So not a lot of free time here.

I am excited about teaching this class next year...there are lots of neat projects for students to do to help learn the content. Here are some of the things I have been doing.

This is a marble sorter. It takes a bunch of different colored marbles (3 colors) and uses light to sense the color and sort it into the correct bin.




Here is a video of our temperature controlled fan:

Today we made "dog bones" from aluminum and brass, in the machine shop, that we will be using later in the week to test the strength of the material.

I also used Autodesk Inventor to "build" a lego car out of pre-programed parts.


I am doing good, a little tired with the non-stop action, but things are going smoothly. I do miss my little girl and being at home with my family. I will definitely be ready to see her when I get home on Monday. I suppose I better get back to work, just thought I would send out an update.

1 comment:

Jess and James said...

Looks like you are having fun! You sound like you are right in your element!! :) To bad you are going to be there when we are in Gillette. Oh well, next time. I'm sure it won't be long before I am up there again. Have fun and don't wear yourself out.