Friday, January 22, 2010

A Couple of Firsts

This week has marked a couple of firsts in our lives...

Wednesday afternoon, when I picked Madi up from Grammy Cone's, Madi gave me my first hug. I was nuzzling her cheek with my nose and she pressed her face against mine holding it there for a while. Then she released the hold momentarily and then again pressed her cheek against mine but this time she wrapped her arms around my head and held me close for a quite a long time. I am guessing that she was sensing the next big first.

Thursday morning, I left Gillette for a 12 day trip for school to Rochester, New York. So this is the first time Daddy had his little one by himself overnight, which sounds like it was interesting trying to get her to go to sleep without her mommy there to tuck her in. It was sure hard to know that she was missing me and I couldn't be there to help. Hopefully she will adjust soon.

Today is pretty laid back until registration begins about 5:00 eastern time. Then it is off to the races. Class will be from 8-5 every day (including weekends) starting Saturday and running through next Sunday. I leave here Monday morning to head back to Gillette.

Brandon leaves Sunday the 31st to go to California for a few days for a different conference. Luckily my parents agreed to watch Madi in the overlap. However, I won't get to see Brandon for two weeks. This will be the longest we have been apart since we started dating 3 years ago.

So I know I promised belly pics, but I guess those will have to wait until I get back to town. It was decided Monday that I would be going on this trip, and it has been a bit of a crazy week preparing for this last minute.

I suppose I should go put my feet up for a while before our evening session starts tonight...wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, i love the hugs! Madi will get used to the one parent thing. She is very lucky she's had you both from the beginning! The girls love it when mom buts out and daddy puts them to bed, I'm sure Madi will get that way too!
Good luck on your conference, and safe travels!
sam

Anonymous said...

Hello! How's New York? Glad we could get something worked out to take care of Madi when you and Brandon are both gone. Good luck this week and have fun. Get some photos, I wanna see NY! Love ya, be safe and have some fun.