Saturday, March 7, 2009

39 Weeks

So tomorrow is the 39 week mark...one more week until our due date...

I am still feeling pretty good. Tired and ready to be able to roll over in bed without having to sit up first. I keep hoping for the nesting instinct to set in so that I can find the motivation to clean the house, but so far no such luck. Oh well, maybe I will find the inspiration to dust tomorrow.

We are pretty much ready for the baby to join our family. Her room is ready, our bags are packed for the hospital. We really just need to install the car seat in the Tahoe and move the bassinet into our bedroom.

My students keep asking me when I will be gone, and I can only tell them that it will be sometime in the next two weeks. The doctor told me that she would only let me go one week past my due date, so by the 22nd we will begin the journey of parenthood.

I have everything ready at school to be gone. I am actually planned for the rest of the school year, although I will only be able to take 5 weeks off school. I will probably have to go back for the last 5 weeks or so. Having all of the planning done will help when I do go back, I will be able to sneak out of there a little early to come home to my little one. It will sure be hard to go back to school, but we just can't afford for me to go into pay-dock after my sick leave is used up.

On a note unrelated to the baby, we absolutely love our basement. We have hardly spent anytime upstairs since it was finished. It is nice to have more room, and we have definitely had more company since it was finished. We have the xbox and the wii set up along with the hd receiver and it is fun to play games on the wall sized screen.

Brandon was able to set up the beer tap in the last couple of weeks and enjoys having tap beer available whenever he wants. All we need now is a pooltable and we will be able to avoid the bars altogether, which is nice considering how smoky the bars here are. (And I can hang out as long as I want, and then I can go to bed while Brandon and his friends can still hang out) :)

Well, we go back to the doctor on Wednesday, so hopefully we will have some more information then, unless I go into labor before then. We are definitely anxious for the pregnancy to be over and to have our little one with us. I will try and post again when I have some more information. I will also try and get some last week belly pictures up before the baby is born.

No comments: