Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pictures...

While I had the camera out this weekend taking pictures of the basement, I went ahead and took some other pictures of our home decorated for Christmas.


I love my Christmas tree, the picture doesn't really do it justice. I should have waited until the lights were on for the picture. I am sure that next year there will be a lot more presents under our tree.


My Grandma Bonnie made the nativity scene for me a couple of years ago, and I really do love it. The pieces have a mother of pearl finish with touches of gold. Thank you again for the set Grandma!


Here are our stockings. I made them both this year and really enjoyed the process. I suppose I will have to find another one to make for our baby's first Christmas next year.


Here is our Hailey dog. She really does not like the power tools being used in the basement and usually finds a place to hide upstairs away from the noise. She will definitely be happy when the basement is done.


This is Cheyenne. She is now about 7 months old, and is full of energy. She is a very loving dog who doesn't let me get too far out of her sight. She loves to cuddle and will curl up in my lap as soon as I sit down. She will be a very jealous puppy when my lap is occupied with a baby instead of her.

Wow...two posts in two days. This must be some kind of a record for me. I am excited about our doctor's appointment tomorrow. I try not to worry about the baby, but I will be relieved to see her again and to make sure that everything is going OK.

I am feeling pretty good. I definitely have some aches and pains as my belly is getting bigger, but nothing that has limited what I do. My students at school have started asking more questions, and it is fun to share this experience with them. I hope that they hear the message that it is best to wait until the right time to have a baby, we definitely have enough students who are having babies in high school.

It feels good to be making progress on the basement. We are that much closer to getting the baby's room ready for the big day. I imagine that she will share a room with us for a while, but I hope to have the room pretty much ready by her due date.

Well, I will post the results of our doctors visit sometime soon. Until then...

No comments: