Monday, January 3, 2011

Emma Lea is 8 Months Old

It is hard to believe that Emma Lea is already 8 months old. She is growing and changing so fast!

Emma is crawling everywhere...she is not up on all fours yet, but she can slither with the best of them. She loves being able to follow Madi and Aiden around. She can also go from crawling to sitting...which still impresses me every time I see it. Madison and Aiden took a lot longer to master that skill.

We jokingly call Emma our "Little Vacuum" as she will search out any little thing she can find on the floor and put it in her mouth...thus I have started to have to vacuum daily and I still can't seem to keep her from finding hair, dirt, fuzz, etc.

Emma loves her older sister and cousin and tries to follow them everywhere. She has even followed them through the tunnel a few times. She gets so excited when they play with her, and doesn't even complain when they walk/crawl/fall on her.

Emma is a mommy's girl for sure...If I am in the room, she wants to be with me...and heaven forbid I walk through the room and not pick her up...The good news is, thirty seconds after I leave the room, she is fine and will go back to playing.

No more baby food for Emma...or at least that is what she thinks. She wants to eat whatever we eat and she wants to eat it now! This was great until she caught a stomach bug this month and couldn't tolerate any solid foods for two weeks...she was not happy that she was stuck with formula, pedialyte and rice cereal.

Emma Lea is definitely the most persistant of our "three" kids. When she wants something, she wants it now...and will do everything in her power to get it. You have to hold on tight when you are carrying her because she will try and jump out of your arms to get to something.

Emma is sleeping through the night wonderfully by now...However, she still doesn't like to nap very well. She did better over Christmas break, but some days we are lucky if she will sleep for an hour total during the day. She is way to busy to take a nap...or so she thinks.

Emma and her daddy love to play together...as long as mom isn't in the room. She loves to be tickled and completely goes limp when you tickle her. She loves to play with jewlery and hair...we are working on not pulling on these but haven't quite got the hang of that yet...much to the demise of a few of my necklaces...and is the reason my hair is up 90% of the time. :)

This morning, Emma was standing up in her crib when Brandon went to get her ready to go to Grammy Cone's house. I guess it is time to lower her crib to the lowest setting tonight...

Emma Lea Ruth, You are such an amazing baby. I love every inch of you and I am so excited to see parts of your personality emerging. I am hopeful that you will keep your loving attitude and your persistence as you grow up. Your hugs melt my heart and I will treasure these days for the rest of my life. I love you baby girl and pray for the best for you. I love you, Mommy.

No comments: