Friday, July 2, 2010

Ready to go

Well I promised myself that I would post again before we leave on our camping trip. However, I don't have any new pictures to add...so here is the promise of lots of pictures when we return from our 10 day trip to southern Colorado.

By the way, I am amazed at how much stuff we are taking for our 10 day adventure...and how much stuff we have for these girls. :)

Our packing list includes: clothes for each girl (both warm weather and cold weather as we will be camping in the mountains so that is a grand total of 24 outfits each plus pajamas, socks, and shoes)...blankets (swaddling, receiving, warm and cool)...swim wear...towels, washcloths, bathing supplies...travel swing, floor gym, bouncy chair...two pack-n-plays, sheets, blankets...diapers (and when I say diapers I mean two boxes worth)...books, toys, dolly, blankey...snacks...and that is just for the girls!

I am hopeful that the girls will be great travelers. I am a little nervous about Emma, she doesn't really like the car seat, especially if she is hungry or wet. Hopefully she can manage to go a couple of hours in between each stop. Otherwise our 10 hour trip will be more like 12-14 hours...maybe we should have gone half way today.

We are sure excited to see all of Brandon's extended family for a week of camping in the mountains, and then a few days of visiting my side of the family. It will be great to get to introduce Emma to her family and show off how much Madi has changed in a year. Well I suppose I should be working on last minute details, I promise to post lots of pictures from our trip when we return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont forget wipes!!! ~ sam :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update—always so good to hear from you! Have a lovely vacation and good luck travelling. Be safe! Grandma Bonnie and Grandpa David