Sunday, November 1, 2009

October Update: Lots of Pictures

Well here we are in November already and I realized that I haven't posted for over a month...so much for my goal of one post per week. :) Oh well. We have had a busy month around here and here is what October has had in store for our family.

The first couple of weeks in October, my parents had our camera on their trip to the East Coast to see the fall colors. So there aren't many pictures from the first part of the month. We stayed busy with school and activities. Brandon had his final couple of crowd control responsibilities at the football games. We are both done with that responsibility for this year. :)

Madison turned 7 months old on the 12th. She is really making gains toward mobility. She has figured out how to roll to get places and can scoot backwards on all fours. I really don't think she will crawl for long as she really prefers to stand, and if we hold onto her hands, she can walk all over the place.

After showing teething symptoms all summer, Madison finally has teeth. We thought she was just working on one tooth on the bottom, but this morning, I found two. Yea! They are just poking through the gums, so when I can get a good picture I will post it.

Here are her 7 month pictures, I just love her grin!



Brandon and I both caught the flu around the middle of the month. I did nothing but sleep for about 5 days and finally was able to go back to work after missing 4 days. Madi ran a fever and had a runny nose, but no other symptoms. Either she was just teething or she caught a mild case and was able to get over it quickly. We are all feeling better now. Yuck!

Last weekend was pretty busy. Brandon took his Robotics club to a training in Casper all day on Saturday. Madison and I hung out at Grammy and Grampa Hitt's house in the morning. We had to try on her Halloween costume to make sure it still fit. We bought it this summer while we were in Texas, and I was afraid I was going to have to make some alterations. Luckily it still fit. Whew!

While we were there, Samantha and her two girls came over to play. Madison sure enjoyed watching the other two girls and they had fun playing with her and her toys.

I thought this was a great picture of Samantha and her girls, Baylie and Daisy.




Last Saturday afternoon was my brother-in-law and his girlfriends baby shower. Their little boy is due on Friday and we are so excited to have Aiden join our family. The shower was a ton of fun and we had a great time. Here are the two future Cone grand-babies in comparison, Amber at 38 weeks and me at 16.


Finally last Saturday, Brandon and I attended a Halloween party. I went as a 1950's housewife and Brandon went as the milk man...we got a lot of laughs, and a few "you're pregnant again?" questions. We had fun, but somehow managed not to get any pictures...oh well.

Wednesday, I went in for an ob check up. Everything is going well and we both look healthy. We got to have an extra ultrasound because the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat, even though the baby was kicking the mic. This one is definitely going to be active! :) We go back on December 8th for a full ultrasound and to find out what we are having. We are all guessing a boy because this time is so very different from Madison's pregnancy, although we will be happy with either gender.

Halloween is Grammy Karen's favorite holiday, so we spent Friday and Saturday with the Cone's. Friday night we carved pumpkins. It had been a long time since I had carved a pumpkin and we all really had fun.





Madison had fun exploring the inside of the jack-o-lanterns when we were finished. She kept lifting off the lids and feeling the cool inside. It was fun to let her explore.


Saturday, Brandon, Madi and I went back over to the Cone's where we decorated Halloween cookies, played cards and passed out candy to the trick-or-treaters.



Madison was sure posing for the camera last night and I got some great pictures of her in her costume.




Madison got her first piece of Halloween candy last night too. She got to try a strawberry sucker, and boy did she think that was great. On second thought, I probably should have taken off her costume. But luckily it is machine washable. :)



Here is Madi enjoying the sugar rush after her sucker. :)


Overall, October was a great month. November should also be great with the birth of our nephew in the next week or two, my Dad's birthday and Thanksgiving to look forward to. I hope to get better about posting now that Madi can entertain herself a little bit more. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Madi sure looks like you did at that age. This is the first time I noticed it. I’m glad you are doing well after being sick. Maybe I will get to see you next time I’m in Gillette. I try not to bother you on school days and I haven’t been there on a weekend forever. Love, Janet